Overheated Elevator Motor Triggers Fire at Frewsburg Senior Living Facility

An overheated elevator motor apparently triggered a small fire at a senior living center in the south county Sunday afternoon. Chautauqua County dispatchers say Frewsburg firefighters were initially called to the Magnolia on West Main Street in Frewsburg at about 5:00 PM, with smoke reportedly showing from a room. Residents were evacuated, and mutual aid was called in from Kennedy, Lakewood, Gerry, Falconer, Busti, and Chautauqua County Emergency Services. Residents were able to return inside about an hour later. No one was hurt.

comments powered by Disqus
Local Weather
Dunkirk, NY
Keyword Search

Classic Hits 101.5FM - 1410AM & KIX Country 96.5FM - 100.3FM
4561 Willow Road | Dunkirk, New York 14048
Telephone: (716) 366-1410
Fax: (716) 366-1416
EEO Report  |  Public Inspection Files
WDOE, Dunkirk, NY & WBKX, Fredonia, NY
Copyright © 2024 Chautauqua Today
Classic Hits 1410 WDOE, Dunkirk, NY.
Site Designed by RiverBender.com